General information about the city of Varkaus
- The municipality of Varkaus was founded in 1929. Varkaus received city rights in 1962.
- The area is 524.93 km², of which 139.27 km² is water.
- There are 940 kilometers of coastline.
Varkaus- Creative energy from Eastern Finland. A developing, competitive, environmentally friendly and international industrial region.
- A safe, vibrant and economically stable city
- The city of Varkaus is located in North Savo province in Eastern Finland region at the intersection of highways 5 and 23 Along the Saimaa deep canal.
Distances to other cities
- 76 km to Kuopio
- 88 km to Mikkeli
- 118 km to Joensuu
- 125 km to Jyväskylä
- 317 km to Helsinki