The Taipale guest harbour, the main harbour of Varkaus, is located on the north end of the Taipale Canal. New service and sauna buildings were built in 2009 and the following year the harbour won the Guest Harbour of the Year award in 2010. Harbour services in include moorings, fuel supply, a waste suction system, electric and water outlets, waste sorting, shower, WC, washing machine, café, recycling library, bicycle rental and a sauna on the shore.
Other harbours for boaters:
- Guest boat dock of Spa Hotel Kuntoranta
- Wharf of Pirtinvirta waterway in front of Navitas in Päiviönsaari
- Guest harbour of Pisaniemi in Kangaslampi
There are also wharves for running errands:
- Dock of the waterfront market of Hertunranta, Rajakatu street
- Dock next to shipbuilder’s statue, Rantapuisto
- Boat dock located between Miilukuja street and Hevosharjunkatu street, Kommila
Railway bridge in the route leading to the city center area is opened by Taipale Canal, tel. 0295 344 156.